daisy

Extra Credit Blog: About Semester

What topics really confused you?
I found that I had the most trouble with the muscle system. I never got a hang of the names or how each muscle worked with each other. I'm pretty sure that it's completely my fault for not doing the majority of my muscle drawings, but even with just reading the book, I found it difficult. I also think that because my learning style is different, and that I'm accustomed to flash animations teaching me how science works that I wasn't able to comprehend most of the muscle concepts.

What topics do you feel very clear on?
I feel like I was clear on the cardiovascular system, the anatomical regions, the cells, and most of the bones. I feel like we spent a lot of time on these topics so they were pounded into my head, which works for me.

What lab/ activity was your favorite? Why?
I enjoyed the heart rate labs because it was easiest for us to measure. We were also told to bring in music and caffeine, and I very much like when my favorite things are incorporated into my learning.

What lab/activity was your least favorite? Why?
The labs that required us to measure our body parts really confused us because we were unsure of how accurate we were with our measurements. We were even more doubtful of when we shared measurements with each other because we were not sure if we measured the same way. For example, when we used tape measures, my partner and I measured our femurs one way, but we couldn't be sure if the group we were sharing data with measured in the exact same way as us.

If you could change something about the class to make it better, for instance the type of homework (not the amount) what would it be and why?
I like having blogs and the notebooks because they are easy to do from home, but I would prefer for there to be more lecturing because I like to have reinforcement of my personal studies. I also feel that the textbook doesn't always cover what we're going over in class, but I rely on the textbook as my main source of information. Though I know that I can look these things up online, I know that website sources often differ from each other and that makes it difficult for me to know which website to take information from. Other than that, the homework is okay for me, though sometimes I struggle with sudden deadlines sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment