daisy

Dead Men Do Tell Tales Ch1-2

   While reading Dead Men Do Tell Tales, I find that I enjoy the style of the writing, as it is not written like a textbook, but like an adventurous, informative autobiography. Though I get giddy at the sight of allusions and personal dialogue, I am even more amused with the narrator/author of the book and his views on his profession. He feels that to understand the human body, no matter what route is taken, is to justly uncover the truth. He also claims that truth wants to be found, and that his job that allows him to uncover truth is a sort of position that brings justice to the world through discovery of answers.
   Clearly, this man goes through a lot of obstacles to attain the knowledge he has. This is evident in the first couple chapters of the book, in which he describes the process through which he undergoes in order to become certified. Because he is so knowledgeable in his field, I truly feel that his book is a unique perspective on anatomy. I am enjoying this book so far and I cannot wait until he gets to the gory bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment